Donald R. Peterson
Donald R. Peterson has been appraising antique, classic, vintage, special interest, collector, custom and modern vehicles since 1974. He has appraised more than 10,000 cars, including many large collections. Don has been a member of the Classic Car Club of America for 61 years and became the first recipient of their "Citation for Distinguished Service" back in 1965. In 2002 he was awarded the Hobby Hero Award by Hemmings Motor News. He began collecting in 1949 shortly after returning home from service in the U.S.Navy in WWII, and has owned 94 cars of 42 marques over the years including 18 at the present time. These range from a 1905 REO, 1910 Ford Model T, 1911 leZebre, 1930 Packard speedster, 1940 Lincoln Zephyr, 1941 Cadillac convertible, 1946 Cadillac sedan, 1947 Chrysler Town & Country, and a 1953 Hudson Hornet to a 1966 Mercedes-Benz 230SL and a Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith by H.J.Mulliner. Peterson was the Founding Editor of Car Collector magazine in 1977 and spent 14 years as its editor. He served 12 years on the National Board of Directors of the CCCA and is the only member of the Club to have four sons active in that organization. He has driven on a record 78 Classic CARavans, most recently on the Idaho tour in September of last year. A world traveler, he has visited 146 countries on seven continents. Peterson has judged 81 times at major shows for over 40 years including Meadowbrook, Amelia Island, Pebble Beach, St John’s, Greenwich, Indianapolis, Hilton Head, Burn Foundation, and Louisville.
Webster E. Peterson
• Appraiser of antique, classic, vintage, special interest, collector, custom and modern vehicles since 1979. Has appraised more than 5,000 cars, including many large collections.
• Previously an adviser to “Old Cars Price Guide”.
• Completed a hands-on two-year restoration of 1942 Packard 180 formal sedan, and wrote a monthly column about its progress in Car Collector magazine. It subsequently took First Place at the Packard 100th-Anniversary National Meet celebration in Warren, Ohio. Currently working on the restoration of a 1948 Rolls-Royce.
• Lifetime member of Classic Car Club of America (CCCA),1979 to the present. Served on the board of managers for the Upper Midwest Region for more than 25 years. Currently on the National Board as Vice-President of Publications. A participant in 18 CCCA national CARavans. CCCA Master Judge.
• Lifetime member of the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA). Yearly attendee of the AACA National Fall Meet in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Regularly attends and show cars at AACA national meets.
• B.A. degree from University of Wisconsin-Stout 1983 with a major in Hotel and Restaurant Management and a minor in Business. All-American miler in track, inducted into UW-Stout Hall of Fame in 1994.
• Collector Cars owned include: 1936 Cord Phaeton, 1941 Packard convertible sedan, 1942 Lincoln Continental V12, 1963 Cadillac, 1967 Corvette convertible, 1967 Jaguar E-Type, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass convertible, 1969 Saab Sonett, and a 1976 Lincoln Continental. Has owned 60 cars over the past 41 years including a 1910 Brush runabout, 1911 Regal Underslung raceabout, 1934 Lincoln V12 KA town sedan, 1940 Cadillac 62 convertible sedan; 1942 Packard 180 formal sedan, 1947 Jaguar 3.5-liter sport saloon; 1957 Volvo PV444, 1958 Ford Ranch Wagon,1962 Mercury Meteor, 1964 Dodge Dart convertible, 1966 Dodge Coronet, 1967 Mustang, 1968 Volvo P1800; 1972 Mercury Cougar convertible and 1979 Mercedes-Benz 450 SEL.
• Participant in 20 New London to New Brighton Antique Car Runs. (A 125-mile tour for one and two cylinder pre-1915 cars.) Cars used: 1911 LeZebre, 1911 Maxwell and 1905 Reo.
• Judge as Concours d’Elegance of America at St. Johns in Michigan, Louisville Concours d’Elegance, Hilton Head Concours d'Elegance, and the 10,000 Lakes Concours d’Elegance in Minnesota. Also Judged at many CCCA Grand Classic events. Past judge for Lincoln, Milestone and Volvo car clubs.
Winston B. Peterson
Winston B. Peterson has been appraising antique, classic, vintage, special interest, collector, custom and modern vehicles since 1985. He has appraised more than 4,000 cars, including many large collections. Winston has been a member of the Classic Car Club of America for 40 years. On the board of managers for the Upper Midwest Region for more than 30 years. Also on the National Board. He began collecting in the 1980’s, after working for a collector car sales dealer and has owned over 50 cars of 24 marques over the years including 8 at the present time. These range from a 1905 REO, 1910 Ford Model T, 1929 Packard phaeton, 1941 Packard Limousine, 1972 Oldsmobile 442 convertible, and a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass convertible. He has driven on 27 Classic CARavans, the cross country tours for the Class Car Club of America. Peterson is a Certified Judge for the Classic Car Club and has also judged at major shows around the country, including Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Louisville and French Lick.